Science fiction, fantasy, & horror - web design, graphic design, interactive media development by greententacles
Cons This Week:
Jul 9th-17th 2014
Jul 17th-Aug 16th 2014
Jul 17th-20th 2014 •
Roger Williams University Baypoint Inn and Conference Center •
science fiction ,
The Northeastern Writers’ Conference, affectionately known as Camp Necon. Necon has been a yearly event for nearly three decades and is the best of the small writers’ cons.
Jul 18th-20th 2014 • Greenville,SC 29613
Aug 8th-11th 2014 • East Lansing,MI 48823
Aug 1st-3rd 2014 • Fort Wayne,IN 46802
Aug 1st-3rd 2014 • New Orleans,LA 70130
Jul 25th-27th 2014 • Orlando,FL 32822
- MonsterCon—Greenville, SC 29613
- Mythcon—East Lansing, MI 48823
- Ikasucon—Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- MechaCon—New Orleans, LA 70130
- MegaPlex—Orlando, FL 32822
- KansasFest—Kansas City, MO 64110
- Historicon—Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Necon—Portsmouth, RI 02871
- Glass City Con—Toledo, OH 43604
- Fright Night Film Fest—Louisville, KY 40202
- Apply Jakob Nielsen's usability guidelines. See also: Web Pages That Suck and Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think.
- Be specific when telling people what's been updated on your web site. "Website updated" is useless info to most.
- Do not "auto-play" audio on your site. Co-workers don't need to know my plans for SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
- Provide PDF files for documents that should be printed: registration forms, mailed documents, flyers, etc.
- It isn't the Internet that's killing cons. BlizzCon (a con dedicated to a MMORPG) had 35,000 people attend in '08.
• more tips →
A Comic About the Idiots Who Run an Anime Con—by Trae Dorn [Trae’s Blog]